I recently took a trip to Trader Joes. This store is one of my favorites. Not only do they have a huge gluten free product list but they also are really affordable. The only location that is accessible via the subway is around Union Store. This location is one hour from my apartment. I have to do a lot of lugging, but this store is definitely worth it.
During my most recent trip, I picked up a bag of gluten free pancake mix. Bear in mind, I am not a big pancake fan. I really like waffles, but do not have a waffle maker, so I settled on pancakes. These were really easy to make. I made a big batch so that I could freeze them for later. They cooked up really fast and I was pleasantly surprised at how good they were. I ate three with Aunt Jemima maple syrup. For the remainder of the pancakes, I let them cool and stored them in the freezer in a zip lock freezer bag.
When I ate one of the left over pancakes after defrosting them in the microwave, it still tasted good, but did have a gluten free aftertaste. It had the gritty, rice flour taste. I will still eat these, but it is definitely better right after cooking. I believe I will pick up another bag on my next trip to TJs.

No comments:
Post a Comment